[Buildroot] Help needed with cross-compiling libotr

Jeremy Rosen jeremy.rosen at openwide.fr
Thu Feb 28 15:43:01 UTC 2013

I am torn on that one... the frontier between embedded and not embedded never was very clear,
and there are lots of single-purpose computers that have a screen and a keyboard to run a single graphical app.

I don't know the exact project here, but having a small screen displaying messages and implementing it with pidgin...
that wouldn't have been my technical choice but why not...

my point is that there are lots of "obviously desktop" apps that are sometime used in the embedded world without pulling
in the whole infrastructure, so in a way it makes sense to have them in buildroot.

the reason not to is unmaintained packages, but is it really a problem ? most mail we get about broken packages are fixes,
not complaints, so I am not sure this is a problem...

    Cordialement

    Jérémy Rosen

fight key loggers : write some perl using vim

----- Mail original -----