[Buildroot] xapp_init: bad substitution of mcookie path in startx

Thierry Bultel thierry.bultel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 17 16:06:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay

The  bug is reproducible with latest release,
and I finally found out why.

The issue is that in xapp_xinit, 'configure' checks for 'mcookie', and
the first time, founds it ... on the host side, ie the
"/usr/bin/mcookie" of Ubuntu for instance. This is the path that is
substituted in startx.

When rebuilding the xapp_xinit package, "mcookie" has been built by
buildroot, in the xorg_server package. Thus "configure" finds it in our
build directory, ie output/host/usr/bin/mcookie, which is not a target path.

A quick fix (not meaning it is the cleanest way) is simply to add

XAPP_XINIT_CONF_OPT += MCOOKIE=/usr/bin/mcookie

in xapp_xinit.mk

Thierry