[Buildroot] can I build two copies of uboot in buildroot?

John Stile john at stilen.com
Fri Jan 25 21:13:38 UTC 2013

I have hacked at91bootstrap to select and boot one of two copies of
uboot+env on a NAND flash, but I had to compile the second uboot my
self, since the environment address is set at compile time, and
buildroot only builds one copy of uboot.

How might I hack uboot to build two different copies of uboot?  I'm just
changing the address location of the uboot environment, and saving the
image as a different name.

I wasn't able to figure out how to make the uboot environment address a
parameter to uboot, so I also haven't tried to have at91bootstrap call
uboot with this parameter, but that might be easier.