[Buildroot] Next Buildroot Developers Meeting hosted by Google

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:55:48 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas, All,

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Dear Buildroot developers and contributors,
>
> I am proud to announce that the upcoming Buildroot Developers Meeting
> (taking place February 4-5th in Brussels, Belgium) will be hosted by
> Google.
>
> Google is currently using Buildroot to build the embedded Linux systems
> in some of the embedded devices used for their Google Fiber [1]
> project. The source code of their modified Buildroot is available [2].
This is very interesting and nice information that Google is using Buildroot.
I was thinking after ELCE 2012 that whole world will switch to Yocto :).
It maybe would be nice to collect information (if they didn't exist
already) about usage of
buildroot in various projects and post on official webpage to share
with other people.

> Thanks to this, one of the Google developer located in Brussels
> contacted me this week, proposing to host the upcoming Buildroot
> Developers Meeting. After discussion with Peter, we decided to accept
> the proposal.
>
> Therefore, Google will be offering the meeting room, Internet
> connection (which, supposedly, should work a lot better than the one of
> Hotel Grumps in Barcelona, for those who remember), free lunch and
> refreshments for the participants.
>
> The meeting location will therefore be the Google Brussels office,
> located Chaussée d'Etterbeek 180, 1040 Brussels. This is only a 5-10
> minutes walk for the original location, and is still located in
> Brussels center, easily reachable by common transportation.
>
> I hereby would like to thank Google for hosting this meeting, and
> therefore providing a nice place for Buildroot developers to work and
> discuss on our project.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas
>
> [1] https://fiber.google.com/about/
> [2] https://gfiber.googlesource.com/buildroot/+/master
> --
> Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
> Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
> development, consulting, training and support.
> http://free-electrons.com

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible