[Buildroot] can I build two copies of uboot in buildroot?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Jan 26 09:45:08 UTC 2013

>>>>> "John" == John Stile <john at stilen.com> writes:

 John> I have hacked at91bootstrap to select and boot one of two copies of
 John> uboot+env on a NAND flash, but I had to compile the second uboot my
 John> self, since the environment address is set at compile time, and
 John> buildroot only builds one copy of uboot.

Yes, you can (currently) only build a single u-boot in buildroot.

 John> How might I hack uboot to build two different copies of uboot?  I'm just
 John> changing the address location of the uboot environment, and saving the
 John> image as a different name.

Why not just use redundant u-boot environment and let both u-boots use
both? That way both environments are in sync and you gain redundancy.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard