[Buildroot] Issue with iconv_open and Linaro toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 11 10:56:01 UTC 2013

Dear Thierry Bultel,

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:20:52 +0200, Thierry Bultel wrote:

> The /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf does not exist at all on the target,
> but only in the sysroot.
> Copying it manually solves the issue, but I do not feel comfortable with
> having a piece
> of the toolchain path on my system...
>
> What is your point of view about this ? What would be the right way to do ?

The right way is to add a Buildroot option that copies certain gconv
modules, which are needed on (e)glibc toolchains to make iconv work
properly, and maybe generates the gconv-modules.cache (this is done
using iconvconfig, we'd have to see how to get this tool, or package
it).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons