[Buildroot] About using ti-gfx package with custom kernel

Sinan Akpolat sinan at linkas.com.tr
Fri Jul 12 13:22:27 UTC 2013

Hi Spenser,

Right now I have a little problem with module paths but I guess I fixed
that.

I had a problem with toolchain binary. I am using a custom toolchain but
ti-gfx package was trying to compile with default toolchain
(linux-arm-none-gnueabi- I guess). I changed the toolchain binary name in
output/build/ti-gfx-4_09_00_01/GFX_Linux_SDK/OGLES2/SDKPackage/Builds/OGLES2/LinuxARMV7/make_platform.mak
and in makefile located at
output/build/ti-gfx-4_09_00_01/GFX_Linux_SDK/OGLES2/SDKPackage/Tools/OGLES2/Build/LinuxARMV7/
(I can't find exact paths and filenames since I'm rebuilding whole
filesystem right now)

I couldn't change it from the makefile in output/build/ti-gfx or any
other place higher in filesystem hierarchy. According to the makefiles
above setting CROSS_COMPILER variable should be ok but that doesn't help
somehow.

Just wanted to say I'm able to build powervr driver right now. I will
try to solve the toolchain problem within buildroot's config/makefiles
and send you what I did.

Also I can't seem to send mail to buildroot maillist. I guessed adding
buildroot at busybox.net should be enough. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help;
Sinan Akpolat