[Buildroot] [noMMU] How to generate FLAT executable for busybox?

Axel Lin axel.lin at ingics.com
Mon Jul 29 09:27:27 UTC 2013

2013/7/29 Axel Lin <axel.lin at ingics.com>:
> Hi,
> I have BR2_BINFMT_FLAT=y in my setting.
> However, the build system still generates ELF executable for busybox.
>
> $ file output/target/bin/busybox
> output/target/bin/busybox: setuid ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped

Hi,
In output/build/busybox-1.21.1/busybox_unstripped.out, I found below messages:

/opt/test/buildroot/buildroot/output/host/usr/lib/gcc/arm-buildroot-uclinux-uclibcgnueabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-buildroot-uclinux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/ld:
warning: cannot find entry symbol lf2flt; defaulting to
00000000000080ac

This looks like the linker does not understand -elf2flt and treat is
as -e lf2flt.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Axel