[Buildroot] Libraries built with buildroot can only be used by buildroot itself.

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 30 09:19:15 UTC 2013

Dear Woody Wu,

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:57:49 +0800, Woody Wu wrote:

> > So the behavior you are seeing is expected. You should always use the
> > toolchain through output/host/usr/bin/.
>
> Okay, Thomas.  But I found fully copy of output/host/usr/bin (just in
> another directory) also does not work.  Is this also expected behavior?

Copying output/host/usr/bin alone doesn't make any sense because
you're moving the compiler and other tools but not the sysroot. Copying
the entire output/host directory elsewhere would make more sense, but
unfortunately, Buildroot doesn't support a relocatable sysroot for now.
So you should *not* move this directory.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons