[Buildroot] Recurrent Blackfin build failure on icu

Sonic Zhang sonic.adi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:26:08 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

For historic reasons, Blackfin GNU toolchain generate assembly symbols
with the prefix '_'. For example: _uconvmsg_dat and _icudt48_dat .
But, the pkgdata tool in icu doesn't generate assembly file
uconvmsg_dat.s and icudt48l_dat.s in this way when Blackfin GNU
toolchain is used. What do you think is a better way to fix it?

/buildroot/output/build/host-icu-4.8.1.1/source/bin/pkgdata -p
uconvmsg -O pkgdata.inc -m static -s uconvmsg -d uconvmsg -T uconvmsg
uconvmsg/uconvmsg.lst

.globl uconvmsg_dat
        .section .note.GNU-stack,"",%progbits
        .section .rodata
        .align 8
        .type uconvmsg_dat,%object
uconvmsg_dat:

In addition, I am fine to receive the test log by this email.

Regards,

Sonic

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Thomas Petazzoni