[Buildroot] Gstreamer1 Patches

Spenser Gilliland spenser at gillilanding.com
Tue Jun 18 04:32:52 UTC 2013

Nicolas,

Please send emails to the list.  That way everyone benefits from the responses.

> I have been working with buildroot to make an image for the wandboard for a few weeks now. I am trying to get the gstreamer's opencv plugin to work.Therefore, I have tried multiple things like brute forcing the old gstreamer to work with the newer opencv in buildroot but it fails to load the opencv plugin. So then I tried to downgrade the opencv library but that just failed at compile. Now I want to update gstreamer instead and I found your patches which also enable opencv but I am not completely sure how I can apply your plugins to buildroot. I would really appreciate it if you could guide me on the right direction. Also, do you know if the gst-fsl-plugins work with gstreamer1?

So, IMHO the best way to apply them is to use a recent git checkout
and use git am to download and apply the patches in order.  You can
grab the patches from patchwork (need the mbox format for git am).

i know opencv compiles with the new gstreamer 1.X . However, I have
never used it in this manner.  It would be great if you could try it
out and see how it works!

I believe gst-fsl-plugins will not work with gstreamer 1.X (i.e.
gstreamer1) as it is a completely different api from gstreamer 0.10.x
(i.e. gstreamer).

Thanks,
Spenser

--