[Buildroot] Why have legal info for host packages?

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sun Jun 2 16:19:23 UTC 2013

Danomi, All,

On 2013-06-02 12:12 -0400, Danomi Manchego spake thusly:
> I was using the outputs from "make legal-info" yesterday as the basis for
> our embedded product's licenses web page, and found myself modifying
> pkg-generic.mk to exclude host packages from the legal info collection.  So
> I was wondering - what is the value in including the legal info of packages
> built for the host?

Some companies use Buildroot as a base for the SDK and provide pre-built
environment to their customers. So, we have to also install legal-info
for host packages to cope with this situation.

That'a at least one reason. There are maybe others.

Note: I initially thought like you, but in the end was converted to
accept and expect the current situation! ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.