[Buildroot] AM3517 Neon, OpenGL & EGLFS support

Wojciech Sleńska wojciech.slenska at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:05:09 UTC 2013

Hello Charles,

I already have full OpenGL ES support on my TI AM3517 in QT5 using eglfs plugin.

I use following half-manual procedure to made this:
1. I build kernel modules using TI Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01 package,
downloaded from TI page
2. I made some changes in qt5 build scripts (check attachment) in
buildroot and add path to ti libs

As compiler I use arago-2011.09 with following flags -march=armv7-a
-mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp

3. When build is finished. I copy some files from
Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01/gfx_rel_es3.x/ directory to target rootfs.
4. Now I can run ./hellogl_es2 -platform eglfs

I hope that this solution will help You.

Best Regards
Wojciech Slenska