[Buildroot] gcc-4.7.3 potential issue with barebox

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jun 17 14:25:07 UTC 2013

Dear Grégory Hermant,

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:57:21 +0200, Grégory Hermant wrote:

> I noticed an issue with barebox binary about the nandflash detection.
> Indeed barebox is unable to detect the nandflash when i build barebox from gcc-4.7.3 (buildroot-2013.05)
> By digging a little bit  i noticed  that  the size of atmel_nand.o was different according to the toolchain release (atmel_nand.o 4732bytes vs 5096 bytes for gcc-4.6.3 )
> If i disassemble atmel_nand.o i notice that  atmel_nand_enable & atmel_nand_disable are missing.
> Is it an known issue ?

I don't remember hearing about this, but maybe you could check with
another ARM gcc 4.7 based toolchain such as the Linaro toolchain, and
see if the generated code is correct or not. If the generated code is
also not correct, then maybe it's a Barebox issue, otherwise it would
most likely be a Buildroot toolchain issue.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons