[Buildroot] Build error when trying to build the py-smbus package of i2c-tools

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Jun 21 10:48:13 UTC 2013

On 21/06/13 12:31, Thomas Weininger wrote:

>> >seems to me that it uses the host distutils instead of the target system's
>> >one.
>> >need to be patched in order to use the target system toolchain?
>> >
>> >   Hang on, maybe you have to build host-python-setuptools first?
> [Thomas Weininger]
> I can't find a python-setuptools option in the host utilities menu in Buildroot's make menuconfig. How can I build it?
> However, for the target BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_SETUPTOOLS is set.

  It's not a user-selectable host package, since it is only needed to
build other packages.  Normally, you build it by adding it to the
I2C_TOOLS_DEPENDENCIES variable. But you can also do it directly from the
command line:

make host-python-setuptools
make i2c-tools-dirclean # Just to be sure
make

  Regards,
  Arnout