[Buildroot] WebkitGtk upgradation

Bhupal Singh singhbhupal88 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 04:42:08 UTC 2013

As discussed earlier, I am trying to build webkitgtk-1.10.2 with gtk-2.0
(GTK version-2.14.10) and directFB as target.

When I try to build webkitgtk through buildroot it is not able to find
required header files. When looked into GNUmake file of webkit(1.10.2), I
found that it is looking for headers at location* /usr/include*
instead of* /$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/include
*which was not the case while building  older webkit(1.2.7).

Is there any workaround to solve this issue?

Warm Regards,
BS_Chauhan

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

> writes:
>
>  Thomas> Dear Will Newton,
>  Thomas> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:22:27 +0000, Will Newton wrote:
>
>  >> As far as I can tell DirectFB is not really supported any more. If I
>  >> remember correctly the current WebKit in buildroot will build with
>  >> GTK+/DirectFB but will crash on startup. The crash is fairly easy to
>  >> work around but I think is a symptom of the fact that no one is
>  >> running with this setup.
>  >>
>  >> Newer versions of GTK+ removed the DirectFB backend so it may have to
>  >> be removed from buildroot in the future too.
>
>  Thomas> My feeling is also that the DirectFB backend of Gtk has never been
>  Thomas> seriously maintained over time. There are from time to time some
> people
>  Thomas> who fix the issues, but then it goes on unmaintained for a number
> of
>  Thomas> months/years, during which it slowly degrades into an unusable
> state.
>
>  Thomas> I would therefore suggest that Buildroot follows upstream: get
>  Thomas> rid of the DirectFB backend. If anyone really wants the
>  Thomas> DirectFB backend in Gtk, then it should be fixed upstream. But
>  Thomas> I don't think it should force Buildroot users to stay with old
>  Thomas> Webkit/Gtk because of this.
>
> Agreed. I've added a comment for 2013.02 to warn users that it is
> deprecated:
>

> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=0e0e42176d4a46515aff577d9702d91208e27c5d
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard