[Buildroot] qt4 and qt5 side-by-side

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Mar 12 06:59:02 UTC 2013

  Qt4 and Qt5 are currently not mutually exclusive. As I just found out,
they really are...

  Qt4 installs qt.conf in $(HOST_DIR)/usr/bin; if you use this with qt5's
qmake, qmake will spit out bogus configuration options. As soon as you
commit one of the other qt5 packages, you'll start to get autobuilder
failures (which are pretty hard to debug as I can testify :-).

  For the time being, I propose to add a 'depends on !BR2_PACKAGE_QT' to
BR2_PACKAGE_QT5. Ideally, QT should become a virtual package with choices
between qt4 and qt5.

  Regards,
  Arnout