[Buildroot] Autoreconf not compatible with python-clean-for-reconfigure (BUG)

Przemyslaw Wrzos przemyslaw.wrzos at calyptech.com
Thu Mar 21 05:51:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've noticed that when python-clean-for-reconfigure is called, python
will subsequently fail to build.

Steps to reproduce:
    $ make python
    $ make python-clean-for-reconfigure
    $ make python

I've tried this on some other packages with <PKG>_AUTORECONF = YES,
using libtool v2.2, but so far I've only gotten the error with python.

Here's what the failure looks like:

    >>> python 2.7.3 Autoreconfiguring

    Applying buildroot-libtool-v2.2.patch using patch:
    patching file ltmain.sh
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file ltmain.sh.rej
    Patch failed!  Please fix buildroot-libtool-v2.2.patch!
    make: ***
[/home/przemyslaw/work/cassini/output/build/python-2.7.3/.stamp_configur
ed] Error 1

This doesn't seem to affect other packages with autoreconf though.

I'm not sure what a good way to fix this is. Perhaps a way to only do
the patching once using the LIBTOOL_PATCH_HOOK, since the autoreconf
doesn't seem to touch the ltmain.sh file there.

Cheers,
Przemyslaw Wrzos