[Buildroot] Google Summer of Code

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Mar 28 10:43:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

A quick note to let you know that Peter and I have registered Buildroot
as a organization willing to participate to the upcoming Google Summer
of Code. The deadline for this submission is March, 29th, i.e tomorrow.

We have settled on proposing only one project idea this year, listed at
http://elinux.org/Buildroot:GSoC2013Ideas. Since it would be the first
participation of Buildroot to the GSoC program, it sounded like a good
idea to have only one student to mentor. We'll see how it works, and
may decide, next year, to have more projects.

Google will publish on April, 8th the list of accepted mentoring
organizations. Then, from April 9th and April 21st, students are given
some time to discuss the project ideas with the mentoring
organizations. The student application period starts on April, 22nd and
ends on May, 3rd.

We already have received an e-mail from one student interested by our
project, but if you know other students who might be interested, don't
hesitate to let them know about the Buildroot project idea.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons