[Buildroot] TOP_SRCDIR: Where is it defined?

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Fri Mar 29 20:16:32 UTC 2013

Within the pkg-generic file, TOP_SRCDIR is used to define
$(PKG)_DIR_PREFIX:

buildroot-2013.02$ grep -R "TOP_SRCDIR" .
grep: ./system/skeleton/dev/log: No such file or directory
grep: ./system/skeleton/etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
./package/pkg-generic.mk:$(2)_DIR_PREFIX                        = $(if $(4),$(4),$(TOP_SRCDIR)/package)

This would be a problem only for some entity (which didn't set $4 to
$(call pkgparentdir)) directly calling inner-generic-package as
generic-package does do the call to pkgparentdir.

I'm just thinking this should be changed, however, I'm clueless about
the vision the developer who added this had in mind for TOP_SRCDIR, so
I have no suggestion how to change it.

FWIW,
Andy