[Buildroot] What to do about systemd/udev/eudev?

Lionel Orry lionel.orry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:53:55 UTC 2013

Another note, Funtoo Linux (a gentoo derivative) team is experimenting
with usage of mdev as a complete udev replacement for the whole
distro. It seems to work and tries to prove the scalability of mdev
which sounds promising. Here are some files resulting from these
attempts:

- mdev from busybox configured for funtoo (1 tiny patch and simple
configuration in the ebuild):
https://github.com/slashbeast/foo-overlay/tree/master/sys-fs/mdev-bb
- repository for notes and mdev config/init scripts (may be worth a
look at mdev.conf and mdev.init):
https://github.com/slashbeast/mdev-like-a-boss

What I wanna say, is that it *may* sound reasonable to strongly
suggest people to stick with mdev as much as they can.

Cheers
Lionel