[Buildroot] What to do about systemd/udev/eudev?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Mar 4 19:30:59 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Fröberg <stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com> writes:

Hi,

 Stefan> Currently udev:
 Stefan> - requires /usr to be mounted before it starts
 Stefan> - systemd init system to rule them all (altought Arnout said that  it is
 Stefan> still optional???)
 Stefan> - dbus (why the heck would I want/need dbus if im just making
 Stefan> rescue/repair initramfs to boot system straight to shell ?)
 Stefan> - other ?

 Stefan> So IMHO, buildroot should definetely have plan B that will have some
 Stefan> other alternative device handling than udev.
 Stefan> Be it eudev, mdev with steroids(Funtoo) or whatever....

Well, we do: static /dev, devtmpfs and mdev. For a rescue initramfs
devtmpfs is probably the best option.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard