[Buildroot] X11 component versions

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Mar 18 08:05:02 UTC 2013

  Hi Jesper,

On 03/12/13 09:52, Jesper Birksø Bækdahl wrote:
[snip]
> I have tried to rebase the x11r7.7 patches on master. I chose not to
> remove all app components for the reasons mentioned by Nicolas Dechesne.
>
> As this is my first time contributing to buildroot, I don't know the
> procedures when dealing with this many patches at once, so for now I have
> just pushed my version of the branch to:
> https://bitbucket.org/baekdahl/buildroot/src/b8db03aa6921/?at=x11r77

  Thank you for your work. Clearly, nobody has taken a look yet :-). It
is probably better to post the patch series to the list after all. You
will most likely only get feedback on the first few patches, but there's
no problem with that, right? Posting a long patch series only has the
disadvantage of a bit more patchwork cleanup work.

  Here are some pointers about what we like to see in patches:

- Use git send-email to send them.

- Make sure all of them are Signed-off-by you, even if you didn't author
them (just put your Sob under the original author's; cfr. Peter's Sob's
in the git log).

- In patches which have been submitted before, add a changelog (under the
Sob lines, separated by ---).

- Add an introductory e-mail (with git send-email --compose) explaining
what the series is about, and indicating which parts you're less sure of
and would like to get feedback on.

  Regards,
  Arnout