[Buildroot] Currently packaging Qt5

Wojciech Sleńska wojciech.slenska at gmail.com
Thu May 23 20:38:46 UTC 2013

Hello Spenser,

I already have full OpenGL ES support on my TI AM3517 in QT5 using eglfs plugin.

I use following half-manual procedure to made this:
1. I build kernel modules using TI Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01 package,
downloaded from TI page
2. I made some changes in qt5 build scripts in buildroot and add path to ti libs

config BR2_PACKAGE_QT_OMAP_LIB_PATH
   depends on BR2_PACKAGE_QT_OMAP_OPENGL
   string "Gr lib patch (ex. /home/wojtek/Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01)"

As compiler I use arago-2011.09 with following flags -march=armv7-a
-mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp

3. When build is finished. I copy some files from
Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01/gfx_rel_es3.x/ directory to target rootfs.
4. Now I can run ./hellogl_es2 -platform eglfs

I can send you my patches for qt5 package if you want. I can also test
your solution/proposals on my board.

Best Regards
Wojciech Slenska

2013/5/22 Spenser Gilliland <spenser at gillilanding.com>:
> Thanks pointing me at these new patches.
>
> Spenser
>
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM, prabindh <prabu at ti.com> wrote:
>> The recipe will be upgraded to the below – I just submitted revised
>> patchset:  So please keep that in mind when building your recipe. The new
>> recipe removes lot of unsupported old features, and generally cleans up the
>> rest.
>>

>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.meta-ti/1946
>>

>> regards,
>>
>> Prabu

>>> 3) uClibc does not even attempt to ensure binary compatibility across