[Buildroot] iconv: additional encodings

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 06:52:16 UTC 2013

Dne 31.10.2013 21:38, Thomas De Schampheleire napsal(a):
> Hi Jan,
>
> Jan Pohanka <xhpohanka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I will answer myself: GCONV_PATH variable is the solution. It must
>> point into /usr/lib/gconv!
>
> If you are talking about the host /usr then I think this is not correct. Buildroot should not depend on such files from the host.
>
> Can you find the right files inside output/host ? The files coming from the external toolchain are in output/host/opt.

Hi Thomas,

I have realized that external toolchain support is a bit patched in the
fork that I'm using compared to original one. There is an option to copy
files gconv-modules, gconv-modules.cache, CP1250.so, and all other
encodings shared libraries to target/usr/lib/gconv directory. I thought
that it is a standard directory which the glibc iconv implementation
would search shared encodings for. This is not truth because GCONV_PATH
has to be set and point there, to make iconv work with all encodings.

Maybe something similar could be added to standard Buildroot. It took me
a day to realize where is the problem.

with best regards
Jan