[Buildroot] Introducing new package type, side to side with generic-package

Stanislav Vlasic svlasic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 19:26:09 UTC 2013

Hi to all,

this is my first mail to list, so I'll write short introduction... I'm
Stanislav Vlasic, Croatian developer, some of you might know me as
Stane1983 from contributions to XBMC, Amlogic buildroot, firmwares to
Amlogic devices.... Thats pretty much it :)

Here's short story of what I did with my custom buildroot:
- included package/pkg-xbmc-addon.mk with xbmc-addon and inner-xbmc-addon
macros. Change I did in this make file is one line: $(2)_KCONFIG_VAR =
BR2_PACKAGE_XBMC_ADDON_$(2)
- I tried to rearrange of adding xbmc addons by creating makefile similar
to this:

ADDON_NAME = YOUTUBE
ADDON_PATH = plugin.video.youtube

$(ADDON_NAME)_VERSION = 0a8aa83df0786f5401307ca12080bbc4aefd76f6
$(ADDON_NAME)_SITE_METHOD = git
$(ADDON_NAME)_SITE = https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin.git
$(ADDON_NAME)_INSTALL_STAGING = YES
$(ADDON_NAME)_INSTALL_TARGET = YES
$(ADDON_NAME)_DEPENDENCIES = xbmc

define $(ADDON_NAME)_INSTALL_STAGING_CMDS
# Commands for install to staging
endef

define $(ADDON_NAME)_INSTALL_TARGET_CMDS
# Comands for install to target
endef

$(eval $(call xbmc-addon,package/thirdparty/xbmcaddons,$(call
lc,$(ADDON_NAME))))

This actually works. What's not working - if I add another package the same
way....
Version, site_method, site.... all these variables are OK and second
package downloads correctly.

Problem comes when I try to install it to target or staging folder. Example
of install:

define $(ADDON_NAME)_INSTALL_STAGING_CMDS
        # Here in first line I check if folder already exists, if it does i
delete all content and folder itself
        mkdir -p $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/share/xbmc/addons/$(ADDON_PATH)
        cp -rf $(@D)/* $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/share/xbmc/addons/$(ADDON_PATH)/
endef

Now when buildroot hits install to staging, ADDON_PATH becomes
'plugin.video.youtube', which it has in another makefile??

Does this have any sense to anybody here? :)

Thanx and best regards,
Stane1983