[Buildroot] still trusting ccache ?

Sagaert Johan sagaert.johan at skynet.be
Mon Nov 25 21:13:38 UTC 2013

Hi all;

Last weekend I had an strange build error building libglib when ccache was enabled:
(something thread related)

- A clean build with ccache on  -> Failed
- A clean build with ccache off -> Ok
- Deleted the whole buildroot-ccache directory tree
- A clean build with ccache on -> Ok !!

In my build I only gain 3 minutes (10%) in time.
I have some doubts on trusting ccache after this experience.

So I think that some un-reproducable build errors could be ccache related as well.

PS I noticed that besides .buildroot-ccache there is also a .ccache created when building.

Regards
Sagaert Johan