[Buildroot] Qt5 puzzle

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 6 19:52:33 UTC 2013

Dear Charles Krinke,

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 11:08:22 -0800, Charles Krinke wrote:

> I think I see what is going on. It looks like Qt sets USE_EABI_HARDFLOAT=0
> when I need it to be USE_EABI_HARDFLOAG=1.
>
> This is done in qt5jsbackend-5.0.2/src/vi/v8.pri as a consequence of
>
> config_hardfloat {
>   DEFINES += USE_EABI_HARDFLOAT=1
> } else {
>   DEFINES += USE_EABI_HARDFLOAT=0
> }
>
> Where config_hardfloat is always undefined.

See my reply to your e-mail.

> This may bring up a larger question in that some embedded systems will wish
> to use softfloat and some hardfloat

I don't understand what you mean here. We have options in Buildroot to
allow the user to configure whether (s)he wants a soft float or hard
float system.

As I said in my other e-mail, what you should investigate is precisely
why the config_hardfloat test is returning the wrong result.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons