[Buildroot] [RFC] core: Download all package sources

clshotwe at rockwellcollins.com clshotwe at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Nov 6 22:31:23 UTC 2013

Peter and Thomas,

Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote on 11/06/2013
04:10:48 PM:

> I'd really like allyespackageconfig to be the solution, because I don't
> really like the idea of dumping all make variables, grepping in there,
> and using that to download everything.
>
> However, the big problem with allyespackageconfig is that it doesn't
> download everything. As soon as you have a "choice" in Config.in (be it
> for the package version, whether you want full X.org or KDrive X.org,
> or Busybox init vs. sysvinit vs. systemd), then your
> allyespackageconfig configuration is only going to contain the packages
> that correspond to *one* possible choice selection. That leaves a large
> number of packages that will not be downloaded.
>
> Same thing for architecture dependent packages: grub depends on i386 or
> x86-64, but ti-gfx depends on arm.

That is exactly the problem I was running into. As for the grep concern,
I have not found another way to implement it. I needed to have a full list
of all of the packages but I was not able to find said variable. I spent
some time digging through the Kconfig stuff to see if there way a way to
get around all of the dependencies but I could not find an easy way.

The only changes I would like to make would be to display more
information if packages fail to download or can't be downloaded because
of missing information.

Thanks,
Clayton

Clayton Shotwell