[Buildroot] Tool to check packages updates

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Nov 8 14:35:27 UTC 2013

Arnaud,

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 15:29:27 +0100, arnaud aujon wrote:

> Some news about the update checking script.
> The results are now : 839 packages (this is not the real package
> number because I don't check some of them), 294 are up-to-date, 323
> can be bumped and 222 unknown.
> You can find the script (check-updates.py) and the result (out.html)
> here : http://intelibre.fr/buildroot/

Thanks! Starts looking really interesting. I haven't had a look at the
script for now, only the results.

A few comments:

 * For util-linux, current version is 2.23.2, and your script believes
   2.23 is more recent.

 * For bash, current version is 4.2, and your script believes version
   3.2 is more recent.

 * There seems to be an issue with libjpeg version detection.

 * The latest version detected for aumix is 2, while it should be 2.9.1.

 * One funny case: the latest version detected for tstools is
   "WindowsXP" :-)

 * There are several more problematic cases, but I guess many of them
   have the same cause.

Also, it would be nice if you could order the list of packages
alphabetically.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons