[Buildroot] [git commit] legal info: fix saving of host package licenses

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 13 07:45:43 UTC 2013

Dear Thomas De Schampheleire,

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:34:22 +0100, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

> Is there a particular reason why the 5 other patches in this series
> (splitting the legal info output between host/target) have not been
> applied? I think they still fit in 2013.11...

I believe PATCH 1 was considered as being a fix, while the other
patches are adding a new feature, and it was too late in the cycle to
add them.

We were already November, 13th, that is 13th days late than the normal
-rc1 date, so I definitely support Peter in not having merged all the
possible pending features in 2013.11.

That's all what time-based releases are for: stopping merging new
features at some point, knowing that they will anyway be merged in
-next pretty soon and be part of the following release 3 months later.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons