[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2013-11-24

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 15:55:17 UTC 2013

Hi Ryan,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Ryan Barnett
<rjbarnet at rockwellcollins.com> wrote:
> Thomas P, All,
>
> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote on 11/25/2013
> 01:30:02 AM:
>
>>    powerpc |           host-protobuf-c-0.15 | NOK |
>> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/10db94f960db6cc8b2fbcafa66aa487fc66f99c6/
>
> I looked into this last night and I was unable to reproduce the issue (from
> pulling the defconfig). From looking at the logs, it appears that the issue
> is that a file wasn't generated before trying to compile the code. In my
> experience, errors like below are due to the makefile not having their
> dependencies correct. I tired rebuilding this package around 5-7 times and I
> never ran into this error with the defconfig provided.

How exactly did you start the build?
Did you do something like 'make toolchain host-protobuf-c' or simply 'make' ?
While the former is a shortcut that can sometimes also show the
problem, the latter has a higher chance of doing so. So when the first
method doesn't work, you should try the second.