[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2013-11-24

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Nov 25 22:49:13 UTC 2013

On 25/11/13 10:21, Ryan Barnett wrote:
> Thomas P, All,
>
> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote on
> 11/25/2013 01:30:02 AM:
>
>  >    powerpc |           host-protobuf-c-0.15 | NOK |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/10db94f960db6cc8b2fbcafa66aa487fc66f99c6/
>
> I looked into this last night and I was unable to reproduce the issue
> (from pulling the defconfig). From looking at the logs, it appears that
> the issue is that a file wasn't generated before trying to compile the
> code. In my experience, errors like below are due to the makefile not
> having their dependencies correct. I tired rebuilding this package around
> 5-7 times and I never ran into this error with the defconfig provided.

  I have seen exactly the same error before and sent a fix to the list,
but I can't find it back... so I guess I must have imagined it.

  Anyway, there are two solutions: either disable parallel build for
protobuf-c, or fix the dependencies. IIRC the problem is actually that
the static and shared library are built in parallel with the same object
files.

  Regards,
  Arnout