[Buildroot] libglib2 (or maybe libffi) build failure

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 27 16:51:14 UTC 2013

Dear Mark Jackson,

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:45:36 +0000, Mark Jackson wrote:

> > Ok. What does libffi.pc contains?
>
> $ cat output/staging/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libffi.pc
> prefix=/usr
> exec_prefix=/usr
> libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
>
> Name: libffi
> Version: 3.0.13
> Libs: -L${libdir} -lffi

Looks somewhat sane to me.

> > However here, I see:
> >
> > PATH=/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/mpfj/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin
> >
> > So you have /home/mpfj/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin but the failing
> > build takes place in /home/mpjf/buildroot-bt/.
> >
> > Can you remove /home/mpfj/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin from your PATH
> > and try again?
> >
> > To be honest, I don't quite see why this would be causing problems, but
> > that's the only possibly "odd" thing that I see in your
> > configuration/setup for the moment.
>
> Still fails ...

Gaah. So, the next debugging step is:

strace -s 512 -o foo.log -f ./output/host/usr/bin/pkg-config --list-all

and then pastebin the contents of foo.log. We'll see where it looks for
its .pc file, whether it looks or not for libffi.pc, etc.

Thanks :-)

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons