[Buildroot] 2013 GSoC Final Report

Spenser Gilliland spenser at gillilanding.com
Tue Oct 8 14:43:01 UTC 2013

Hi Buildroot Community,

It's been a pleasure working with you over the past summer and I'm
happy to announce that a lot of progress was made.  It was a fun ride,
and I'm fortunate to have had this opportunity.

Just FYI for all those who have been not been following the progress
of the GSoC, this summer allowed me to add the following items to
Buildroot

1. Gst-omx for accelerated video decoding on the Raspberry Pi.
2. Ti-gfx for OpenGL acceleration on Beagleboard (TI will add
beagelebone black support in the near future.)
3. Sunxi-mali for OpenGL acceleration on Cubieboard.
4. Sunxi-cedarx for accelerated video decoding on the Cubieboard.
5. Mesa3D and DRM bump to the latest version.  This allows future
freedreno, and lima drivers.
6. Glmark2 and mesa3d-demos for benchmarking and testing OpenGL on the
various platforms.

Thanks for all the people who helped along the way. Specifically,
thank you to my mentor Thomas Petazzoni; thank you to Peter Korsgard
for rapidly accepting my patches, and thanks to Yann and Arnout for
the great reviews.

I'll be continuing to work on Buildroot for the foreseeable future and
really appreciate the experience of this year's GSoC.

Thanks,
Spenser Gilliland

--
Spenser Gilliland