[Buildroot] iconv: additional encodings

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 12:50:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm using buildroot for creating a filesystem on armhf target. Target is
selected as external and it is Linaro 2013.04. iconv is a part of glibc
in such configuration as far as I know. I have also selected "Copy GCONV
libraries to target" option and "Generate locale data" for cs_CZ.CP1250
cs_CZ.UTF-8 cs_CZ.ISO-8859-2 - I'm interested mainly in these encodings.

Unfortunately in such case iconv -l still shows only a few basic
encodings but ISO-8859-2 nor CP1250 are present. (CP1250.so and
ISO8859-2.so exists in /usr/lib/gconv)

Is it possible to add required encodings iconv support somehow, please?

with best regards
Jan