[Buildroot] [git commit] toolchain-external: update Linaro ARM toolchain

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Oct 11 13:05:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

 >> If a user wants to stick to a given eglibc and gcc version, and Linaro
 >> updates eglibc without updating gcc, then that user will have to do
 >> something special. I think it's not realistic for us to handle this in
 >> a clearer way than Linaro does, except by providing a 'custom version'
 >> option.

 Thomas> Ok. From an user perspective, I'm not quite convinced that it
 Thomas> makes more sense to index according to the gcc release than the
 Thomas> binutils, gdb, or eglibc version, or the EABI, or something
 Thomas> else, but ok, fair enough.

Well, I would argue that the gcc version in general is more important /
has higher impact than the binutils or gdb versions. hard/softfloat
means seperate toolchains (or multilib), so that leaves the eglibc
version.

I agree that ignoring the eglibc version is probably good enough.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard