[Buildroot] glib-networking when using gtlsconnection fails

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Oct 16 15:56:07 UTC 2013

Dear Bernhard Schuster,

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:50:51 +0002, Bernhard Schuster wrote:

> I am trying to cross compile a application which works just fine on my
> x86_64 machine for a ARMv5TE "gadget". Unfortunately something really
> weird happens: Altough having selected gnutls in order to use TLS with
> glib-networking (GTlsConnection), I always get an error as soon as the
> combined cert/key pem file is read (it exists, has proper permissions,
> all tripple checked). The error always contains "TLS unsupported" or
> "no TLS support" (can not recall, currently away from that machine)
> altough the config.h of glib-networking says the opposite. The binary
> is statically compiled (which worked fine so far).
>
> I am puzzled on how to fix my issue, I already tried to fix it by
> adding a couple of commandline opts explicitly (though they say that
> they are enabled by default, thus - as expected - nothing changed).
>
> Also note that I have a similar issue with pcre (required for GRegex),
> where I pass --enable-utf8 but it still did not fix anything.
>
> Any help, hint, tip is appreciated.
>
> Buildroot 2013.08 is used together with the code sourcery 2011/2013
> toolchain

Just to be sure: did you do a complete "make clean all" cycle after
adjusting your configuration to enable gnutls, or after adding
--enable-utf8 to pcre?

Remember that Buildroot does not automatically rebuild packages: if you
enable gnutls, it will build gnutls, but it will not rebuild
glib-networking automatically.

If you can provide a simple test case (or maybe even an existing test
application for glib-networking) to reproduce the problem, it would
definitely be helpful. Same for the pcre / GRegex problem.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons