[Buildroot] C++ Compiling

Ruud Commandeur RCommandeur at clb.nl
Fri Sep 13 07:00:19 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

This week I tried build my 1st aplication using boost. Adding the boost
part was easy from buildroot, but when trying to build the application,
I get "Relocations in generic ELF" and "could not read symbols: File in
wrong format".

Obviously, this has to do with cross-compiling. When compiling a
C-source, it uses arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc. But for a cpp it uses g++,
resulting in an Intel 80386 object file. Looking at the internet, I read
about an otion called "Toolchain has C++ support?". This must be the one
to use, but I can't find it. Neither in the Toolchain section nor the
System configuration.

I am using Buildroot 2013.02 with CodeSourcery (Sourcery Codebench) for
ARM 2012.03.

Can anyone tell me how to configure this?

Thanks,

Ruud