[Buildroot] ntp init script and config file issue

Zoltan Gyarmati mr.zoltan.gyarmati at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 07:48:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

i was just wondering: the ntp init script shipped in
packages/ntp/S49ntpd sources the /etc/default/ntpd file, but it does not
use all of the settings from there, only the NTPDATE_OPTS and the
NTPSERVERS variables. It's seems to be faulty for me, but maybe i miss
something obvious, please correct me if so. For my application i
modified the init script to:

* also sources the /etc/ntpd file if exist, which overrides the settings
coming from /etc/default/ntpd

* starts the daemon only if NTPD=yes

* also calls the ntpdate only when NTPDATE=yes

Is the community interested in such a fix? If so, please let me know and
I'll send in a patch.
Thanks,

--
br,