[Buildroot] Why elf2flt is built *after* busybox

Axel Lin axel.lin at ingics.com
Wed Sep 4 02:04:22 UTC 2013

> This time my question is: Is it normal elf2flt is built *after* busybox?
> (This looks like a new founding to me)
> I know elf2ft is broken.
> I'm just not sure if the build order is one of the root cause to make
> elf2flt broken.
> I ask the question because I'm not familiar with buiildroot now, I even
> don't know how to specify package build order.
> (In this case, move elf2flt build ealier than busybox.)
> So I expect someone can answer the question on mailing list.
Hi,
I test build for blackfin with BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_ELF2FLT=y.
The first time build result in a ELF 32-bit LSB executable.
(I think it is because busybox is built *before* elf2flt.)
However, I build busybox again with "make busybox-rebuild" and
then I got a BFLT executable.
So now I do think the build order for elf2flt does matter.

Regards,
Axel