[Buildroot] GTK+ for framebuffer?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 5 07:10:54 UTC 2013

Dear Woody Wu,

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:02:35 +0800, Woody Wu wrote:

> Many thanks for your information.  Now I feel more clear that I should
> go Gtk/X.org.  On the other side, I have no experience on running x.org
> on an embeded system. What things in buildroot I should enable to build
> a minimal system that can at lest run the gtk demons on TinyX? My
> display is just framebuffer. I understand, the question may sounds a
> little stupid.  Looking forward for your help.

I believe to get things started enable BR2_PACKAGE_XORG7, enable
BR2_PACKAGE_XSERVER_XORG_SERVER, keep the KDrive/Tiny-X server type,
and enable BR2_PACKAGE_XSERVER_XORG_SERVER_KDRIVE_EVDEV.

Then, you will have Xfbdev on your target, which is the X server. It
has a bunch of options that allows you to specify which evdev device to
use as a mouse and as a keyboard, if you have such input devices on
your system.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons