[Buildroot] [git commit] uclibc: add upstream 0.9.33 fixes

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Fri Sep 6 20:53:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

 >> Drop uclibc-0002-Add-definition-of-MSG_WAITFORONE-and-MSG_CMSG_CMSG_CLOEXE.patch
 >> as that is a subset of uclibc-0035-socket.h-pull-socket_type.h-from-eglibc.patch

 Thomas> Shouldn't we switch to using the git version of uClibc instead of
 Thomas> carrying 40+ patches? The uClibc project seems to have issues getting
 Thomas> releases out, maybe we should just use their git version, and bump it
 Thomas> from time to time when appropriate?

Yes, Perhaps. When I started this, I only thought I would add 2-3
patches to fix the eventfd issue - but looking closer, the other patches
seemed worthwhile as well.

We do carry a few patches that aren't (yet?) part of upstream git on the
0.9.33 branch, so it wouldn't get rid of all patches (but most). Another
potential issue is that git almost becomes a hard buildroot dependency,
but that's probably not a big problem.

What do others say?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard