[Buildroot] GTK+ for framebuffer?

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 01:39:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 09:10:54AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Woody Wu,
>
> On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:02:35 +0800, Woody Wu wrote:
>
> > Many thanks for your information.  Now I feel more clear that I should
> > go Gtk/X.org.  On the other side, I have no experience on running x.org
> > on an embeded system. What things in buildroot I should enable to build
> > a minimal system that can at lest run the gtk demons on TinyX? My
> > display is just framebuffer. I understand, the question may sounds a
> > little stupid.  Looking forward for your help.
>
> I believe to get things started enable BR2_PACKAGE_XORG7, enable
> BR2_PACKAGE_XSERVER_XORG_SERVER, keep the KDrive/Tiny-X server type,
> and enable BR2_PACKAGE_XSERVER_XORG_SERVER_KDRIVE_EVDEV.
>
> Then, you will have Xfbdev on your target, which is the X server. It
> has a bunch of options that allows you to specify which evdev device to
> use as a mouse and as a keyboard, if you have such input devices on
> your system.

Hi, Thomas

I've already have Xfbdev started. Thanks for your help. But I have not
yet figured out a right way to pass my touchscreen device
(/dev/input/event0) to Xfbdev.  I tried something like "-mouse
evdev,,..." and "-mouse tslib,,..." but always got strange warning
messages.  Maybe you have experience on this.

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then