[Buildroot] Am I using hardware floating? (CodeBench)

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 15:18:40 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 10:37:29AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Woody Wu,
>
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 23:24:45 +0800, Woody Wu wrote:
>
> > The toolchain I selected is codebench from buildroot. CPU is ARM
> > s3c2416. I want to know what kind of floating method is used in my
> > system. Does this related to BR?
>
> The S3C2416 is an ARM926, and it does not have a floating point unit,
> so your only solution is to use software floating point on this
> platform.
>
> Thomas

Okay, understand.  For software floating, I know there are two ways, one
is to generating an interrupt every time a floating instruction is
executed, which is very slow. And, another way is let the compiler to
convert all floating calculation to a function call which implemented in
a floating library, this method is a little faster than the former. My
compiler is CodeBench from BR, does it have this feature and has it
already enabled?  Thank you very much.

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then