[Buildroot] custom application

Zoltan Gyarmati mr.zoltan.gyarmati at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 20:29:43 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 09:16 PM, Naitik Amin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I recently used buildroot to setup my build environment, to generate
> uboot, kernel and rootfs. It has been very helpful.
>
> Now I am at a point, where I would like to add my custom application.
> Does the framework allow to create skeletals for applications ? Which
> gets compiled and be made part of rootfs by doing top level make.
>
> Thanks,

Hi,

check out this chapter from the docs:
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#adding-packages
It's make your life easier if you use autotools / cmake or some other
Makefile generator for your application, but also works with
hand-written Makefiles as well. For the development phase personally i
use the local site method to get the source for building, but you also
can go on and wire it directly to your source code repo.
Good luck,

--
br,
Zoltan Gyarmati