[Buildroot] Using source inclusions in defconfig

Bryce Schober bryce.schober at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 00:28:33 UTC 2013

FWIW, I hacked up a modest solution in the attached patch that applies
cleanly against 2011.08.

In essence, you can create my_special_defconfig.in files with lines that
look like:
source "my_base_defconfig.in"
and the new Makefile target will expand it via the
scripts/expand_defconfig.sh to my_special_defconfig.

One wierdness I encountered was that the make my_special_defconfig
execution was removing the defconfig file for some unknown reason...

Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position to try this out against master,
but I'm happy to at least rebase it and make a real patch submission if
anyone is actually interested.

Bryce Schober