[Buildroot] host-binutils broken?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Apr 5 12:42:55 UTC 2014

Dear Vincent,

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 14:22:49 +0200, Vincent wrote:

> Thanks for re-trying. You are lucky that it works for you :)
>
>  > What's your makeinfo version?
>
> This is:
>
>    makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 5.2
>
> ...on debian testing, from package texinfo 5.2.0.dfsg.1-2.
>
> Does this call for a host-texinfo / host-makeinfo package?

We already have, and in some situations, binutils depends on it:

ifeq ($(BINUTILS_FROM_GIT),y)
BINUTILS_DEPENDENCIES += host-texinfo host-flex host-bison
HOST_BINUTILS_DEPENDENCIES += host-texinfo host-flex host-bison
endif

I believe what's happening is that the patches added by Max are making
certain files newer, which triggers a rebuild of the documentation in
binutils, which normally doesn't happen with release tarballs.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons