[Buildroot] buildroot file system: Kernel panic

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Apr 16 07:57:11 UTC 2014

Dear Rohit Kumar,

Would it be possible to avoid top posting, and instead use bottom
posting, as is the usage of most mailing lists? Thanks!

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:31:13 +0900, Rohit Kumar wrote:
> ** The platform you're using, so that we can figure out which processor
>  it is using.*
>
> i am using an ARM11 processor form Nexell (NXP2120)
> 32bit Embedded CPU : 700/800Mhz ARM1176 with
> 16KByte I-Cache, 16Kbyte D-cache with VFP(vector floating-point processor)

Ok.

> * * The Buildroot .config file you're using, to check that the
>  configuration you've made matches the processor of your platform.*
>
> please see the attached configuration.

Your configuration indeed looks appropriate in terms of toolchain.

However, the kernel part of the configuration looks weird: it refers to
the kernel configuration file
board/atmel/at91sam9260ek/linux-3.9.config. Are you building a kernel
in Buildroot, but not using it for your platform?

Also, please enable CONFIG_DEBUG_USER=y in your kernel, and pass
user_debug=31 on your kernel command line. This should give more
details about the userspace crash.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons