[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2014-04-19

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Apr 22 22:14:26 UTC 2014

On 22/04/14 22:19, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Arnout Vandecappelle,
>
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:41:34 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
>
>>  I think there should be two changes to the autobuilders.
>>
>> - Reduce the % yes. With the growing number of packages, the number of
>> selected packages is also becoming unrealistically large.
>
> True. Currently the KCONFIG_PROBABILITY is chosen between 1% and 35%.
> Should I reduce that to 30% ? 25% ?

 25% still means 300 packages, and I think that that doesn't even include
their dependencies. Isn't that exaggerated? I think that any defconfig
with more than 50 packages is not very realistic anymore...

 Also, the interesting failures (with missing dependencies) are more
likely to fall out when less packages are selected, right?

 So my suggestion is to reduce the probability to 15% (still 180 packages
in the defconfig...).

>> - If webkit is selected, increase the timeout with an hour. I don't know
>> how easy that is, though.
>
> Not easy with the current horrible script, because the timeout is
> chosen in a shell script that runs the Python script that actually
> generates the configuration and runs the build.
>
> So let's say that I'll reduce the KCONFIG_PROBABILITY on one side, and
> increase the timeout for all builds by an hour on the other side. How
> does that look?

 The timeout is already 4 hours, isn't it? That's already quite long IMHO.

 Regards,
 Arnout